Isolatek International, a well established, internationally recognized manufacturer of passive fire protection materials has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician at its Huntington, Indiana facility.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in electric and control circuits up to 460 volts 3 phase, have strong mechanical and hydraulic circuits troubleshooting skills and have machine installation and fabrication skills to be considered for the position.
Salary will commensurate with education and experience. A sign on bonus will be available to the qualified candidate.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricate and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Setup and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- Setup and operate electric arc welder and cutting torch.
- Trouble shoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Check and monitor inventory on maintenance supplies, tools and equipment and reports to Maintenance Supervisor any supplies that need to be ordered.
Following education (all or combination of) will be preferred:
- Basic Print Reading
- Basic Electricity
- Motors and Motor Control
- Applied Mathematics
- Electro-Mechanical Controls
- Programmable Controllers I
- Fluid Power Basics
- Intro to Computers
- Fabricating and Troubleshooting
- Survey of OSHA
Isolatek International offers an attractive compensation package, including 401(k) plan. To be considered for this position, please respond with your letter of interest and resume. No phone calls please. EOE