Senior Systems Engineer
Isolatek International, the industry leader in the marketing and manufacturing of passive fire protection materials for the construction industry has an immediate opening for a full time Senior Systems Engineer in our IT Department at it's corporate headquarters in Stanhope, NJ.
The Sr. Systems Engineer directs and coordinates network and computerized management information systems and helps with the staff.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs analysis of network needs and creates/ contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Maintains system and network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring.
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides enough computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Coordinates with other departments to understand and meet their requirements.
- Evaluates network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Checks systems to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Helps establish budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Helps establish and control systems access and security.
- Provides support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage.
- Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
- Coordinates computer and network device operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for system and network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
- Initiates negotiations for work with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Trains users in the operations of office productivity applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10 Years IT experience with 5 years of building and implementing enterprise-level systems and networks. Must have experience building and creating networks with remote locations and fault-tolerance.
- Experience programming, scripting and automating IT processes with Powershell, VB or command line.
- O365 experience desired.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and projects such as bar-coding, mobile warehousing, ERP systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Programming or Information Systems required. Masters preferred. Relevant experience and vendor certifications can be substituted for degree.
- Vendor certifications in networking or system architecture. CCNA and/or MCSE preferred.
Skills: Problem Solving/Analysis, Communication, Results Driven, White boarding and Process Documentation, Project Management Skills and Soft Skills
Isolatek International offers an attractive compensation package, including 401(k) plan. To be considered, please send your letter of interest and resume in confidence to Isolatek International. Relocation benefits are not offered. No phone calls please. No agencies please. EOE