Isolatek International, the industry leader in the marketing and manufacturing of passive fire protection materials for the construction industry has an immediate opening for a full time Maintenance Mechanic in our manufacturing plant at it's corporate headquarters in Stanhope, NJ. The hours for this position are 4:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday to Friday with OT required. Pay rate is $24.77 - $25.77/hour.
The purpose of the Maintenance Mechanic role is to repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment.
• Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment like conveyors, bulk weigh feeders, additive feeders (Acrison and Thayer), semi-automated packaging equipment, bag houses, natural gas burners, centrifugal fans, etc. during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment (conveyors, bulk weigh feeders, additive feeders (Acrison and Thayer), semi-automated packaging equipment, bag houses, natural gas burners, centrifugal fans, etc) and plant facilities.
• Performs a variety of plumbing/pipe fitting maintenance functions.
• Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas
• Supports production and warehousing activities as required
• Orders parts as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Five to ten years of maintenance/manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
• Experienced in safely troubleshooting electrical systems and making basic electrical connections.
• Must be willing to work OT and occasional weekends.
• High school diploma/GED
• Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance, a plus
• Forklift certified
• Lock, Tag and Try Experience
• Allen Bradley HMI and PLC experience/certification, a plus
• Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
• Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including small hand tools
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Able to work well with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
• Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints / manuals etc.
• Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers).
• Must be able to read, interpret and work from schematics, sketches and documents such as safety rules, operation, safety instructions and procedures manuals.
• Ability to analyze data and information and to make effective and timely decisions
• Ability to work with others to identify opportunities
• Strong sense of continuous improvement
• Ability to work under pressure and react to situations safely with strong sense of urgency
• Problem solving, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
• Must demonstrate excellent motivation, attitude, desire on correcting machine failures and complete preventive and predictive maintenance tasks.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform the following essential physical job functions daily:
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
• The ability to climb on a ladder or scaffolding to heights in excess of 20 ft to 40 ft.
• The ability to occasionally bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat in order to operate and maintain the equipment.
• The ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation.
• The ability to carry up to 50 pounds of weight. This weight will be constituted by the following items, but not limited to: tools, toolboxes and tool bags, ladders, filters, motors, and other equipment.
Isolatek International offers an attractive compensation package, including 401(k) plan. To be considered, please send your letter of interest and resume in confidence to Isolatek International. Relocation benefits are not offered. No phone calls please. No agencies please. EOE